Friday, February 8, 2008

Which Candidate would be most interesting to bring on today's ride?

Times like these I feel like a weather prognosticator. Today is supposed to be a balmy and clear 41, the best day of the next three, so I might do some workout swapping. Now that I think of it, I might look into recruiting the Chinese government to bring me good weather, just as it intends to seed clouds to reduce air pollution during the Olympics... Not much riveting about the training, the focus right now is threshold. After a terrible early morning attempt on Friday (go from the gun mentality should not be applied to these intervals, though I am pretty sure I set a new pr for a 15-minute interval (clearly not the point!)), then weakness on Monday, yesterday, riding outside for what seems like the first time in a long time, I seemed to have the legs back. There is a certain joy in riding a bike that just is not captured on the trainer. I have also been doing some high cadence spin-ups, which don't come easily for me, but are an essential piece of the sprinter-climber quest. In other news: I am an election junkie; I am trying to get rid of some of the bad bike-commuting habits I’ve acquired since moving to New Haven (and practicing track standing at lights); having finally replaced the missing Powertap heart rate strap, I am trying to get the head unit to pick up the signal; Mozilla Thunderbird is cool; and I’ve made it five days on my eat local campaign, coffee black and staples quickly disappearing… Think I will be riding in this town, Madison, today. West coast might be enjoying some weather but we have cool history and tons of awesome mini-roads out here - take that.

2 comments:

girloffroad said...

I love the map!

Anna Milkowski said...

Sweet, cartographer friend! As much as I love your habit of skipping email for months on end?