Monday, May 5, 2008

There's no place like home...






























































Hard to explain how glad I am to be back in Connecticut. Sunday we raced very conservatively, aiming to light it up late to make it fast enough to try to unseat Tina. It took a lot of patience to roll around in a barely-moving circle when I finally had the legs to feel like attacking, not to mention the pent up desire for revenge after the beginning of the week! But it is one thing to race to make the race interesting and quite another to try the strategy you think might get you the win - and we were going for the latter. I did ok though there is much to learn and I have do say getting the elbows out in a big slow moving mob as the sprint winds up is not exactly my forte - yet. But Jen got 3rd again, plus Brenda wound it up for 4th. Hot damn, and we are just getting started. These are the very best sprinters in the country, getting ready for a season full of showdowns, from Philly to Crit Nationals. And check out those stylish sprinters! Other photos: Anniston at night (Sunny King), faux mansion with moose in Atlanta gated community, one of Atlanta's much- lambasted highways, me and Ralph, a former student of my Dad's who knew me as a kid, plus a very sad sandwich. The crit series brought lots of good intensity training, offset by absolute upheaval of all routine generally considered conducive to successful training and racing. Joe Martin will be the measuring stick...

No comments: